Elevate your Cooperative identity
Why .coop? Because first impressions matter and the letters after the dot in your web address tell the world more about your business than anything else online.
A .coop domain says that you are a Cooperative, and not just another dotcom. That you put people first. That you are ethical and fair. That you’re great to do business with. That you’re part of a global movement of more than 750,000 Cooperatives, with over 85 million members, which includes some of the world’s most successful businesses. Elevate your Cooperative identity with a .coop domain name.
Find your .coop name
To find a .coop name for your Cooperative search below..
If the name you’d like isn’t available, try another. In the .coop space there are still many great names to be had.
The benefits of a .coop domain
There’s no better, or more cost-effective, ways to raise your cooperative profile than a .coop domain name.
- For your website, a .coop domain gives you the immediate recognition as Cooperative business.
- An email from a .coop address immediately associates you and your fellow cooperators with all the great values of being a cooperative and says you’re part of the global movement.
- Only verified cooperatives can have a .coop domain and in a world short on trust, that’s a big advantage. 70% of people say they have confidence in a cooperative.
- You can use the official brand that stands for Cooperatives around the world – the Cooperative Marque.
The Cooperative Marque
The International Cooperative Alliance has developed a global identity for the co-op movement. The Cooperative Marque.
Together .coop and the Marque are symbols of the global Cooperative movement and our collective identity. They differentiate your Cooperative from a private or investor-owned business.
When somebody sees a .coop email, a .coop website or the Marque, they know they’re talking to a Cooperative.
Today, in more than 100 countries around the world, thousands of cooperatives benefit from using a .coop domain and the Cooperative Marque.
With your .coop registration, you’ll also get the Cooperative Marque and Identity Toolkit – assets to help you to get the most out of using the Marque in your communications. The Toolkit includes;
- The Cooperative Marque use guidelines and Marque in digital format
- Digital banners in English, French and Spanish featuring the Marque and a range of taglines
- A downloadable Communicator’s Guide
- The Cooperative ‘7 reasons’ poster
Our goal is to support the global movement by helping Cooperatives identify themselves online through the distinctive .coop domain.
- .coop is the only domain reserved for cooperatives and Cooperative organizations.
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) recognised .coop as the Cooperative movement’s internet domain in 2002.
- .coop domain users have to be verified.
- Eligibility and verification policies for use of the exclusive Cooperative domain are defined by the .coop Registry; DotCooperation LLC.
- .coop is a top level domain (TLD) managed by DotCooperation LLC.
- DotCooperation LLC is jointly owned by the National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA CLUSA) and The International Cooperative Alliance (ICA), non-profit organisations charged with developing the global Cooperative movement.