The value of a .coop domain
The global cooperative movement comprises more than 750,000 cooperatives, with over 85 million members. You’ll find coops in almost every sector:
- Banking and insurance
- Agriculture and fisheries
- Health, social care and housing
- Wholesale and retail
- Media and the creative industries
- Power and utilities
Some of the world’s largest and most successful enterprises are cooperatives – the top 300 cooperatives alone have a turnover of over $2.2 trillion
Cooperatives see .coop as a valuable asset
- Choosing a .coop domain gives them the best possible chance of having just the name they want online and which makes them easy to find.
- They know an email from a .coop address immediately associates them and their fellow cooperators with all the great values of being part of the global movement.
- Many coops use more than one domain and forward .coop to help grow their traffic.
- Coops often use multiple .coop domains protectively.
- In a world short on trust, coops recognise the value that comes with having a verified domain.
Contact Button Here
There are a number of unique benefits available to .coop domain registrars.
To take full advantage of them, it’s probably a good idea to know just a little bit about co-operatives, the history of .coop and how the domain is supported by the global co-operative community.
Cooperatives are regular businesses owned and managed by and for their members. Members can be customers or employees. What makes a co-op different to a shareholder business is that each member has a say in how the business is run and gets a share of the profit.
Over 250 Million people worldwide earn their living through a co-operative. There are agricultural co-ops, banking co-ops, retail co-ops, technology co-ops, service co-ops, food, water and energy co-ops… In fact there are so many different co-operative business, you’d be hard pressed to find an industry or sector that doesn’t have at least one! And co-operatives make money – X% of the global economy in DATE
Recognising that co-ops make up a significant global community, in 2002, well before many other community domains existed, ICANN created the .coop TLD. A unique domain sponsored by, and for the exclusive use of, co-operatives. Since then the domain has grown to 8000 domains worldwide representing X users in X countries.