Canada’s voice for co-operatives and mutuals | Voix Canadien pour les coopératives et les mutuelles.
CMC is national bilingual association that supports, promotes and unites Canada’s 8,000 co-op and mutual enterprises.
The mandate of CMC is:
- Promote the co-operative model in Canada;
- Create an environment conducive to co-operative development;
- Lead a strategic reflection on the future of the co-operative movement;
- Implement the strategic plan;
- Promote inter-cooperation and business networking;
- Represent the co-operative and mutualist movement across Canada;
- Contribute to training, leadership development and research;
- Represent the co-operative movement before the International Co-operative Alliance;
- Encourage joint action among international co-operative development stakeholders; and
- Promote international co-operative development and support the structure that will accommodate the Canadian Co-operative Association – International Development
CMC holds events, awards, represents cooperatives and much more. They have a very comprehensive website, which covers the whole range of their activities.
Twitter en FR : @coopCMC
About Cooperatives and .coop
The global Cooperative community has more than 1 billion members, representing 12% of the world’s employed population. All Cooperatives verify their identity when selecting a .coop web address. Your unique business identity is recognized online with a .coop domain name – your digital brand – a brand known for its economic advantages to its community, consumers, and members.
If you would like your cooperative featured, click on this link to submit your story.
Visit CMC on social media: